Re: Task "main" for Debian Games

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 11:09:54PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> > I'm not really sure what you mean be this.  From the web sentinel point
> > of view you get the separation between main and contrib/non-free ... it
> > seems your 'main' task does not fetch from contrib/non-free.  Otherwise
> > there would be such section.
>
> I was thinking aloud whether it was possible not only to get the
> separation for the web sentinel but also for the metapackages for free.

In the metapackages all packages in main Debian testing (this is
configurable - see the docs - but testing is a sane default) are
mentioned as Recommends.  Everything else (contrib / non-free / non
existing is degraded to Suggests).  You can try forcing the installation
of non-free packages via

   apt-get --install-suggests install <metapackage>

More details for the reasons in the doc.

> > I will surely not veto your decision.  It is just something we did not
> > before and if you are aware about the potential issues I'm perfectly
> > fine with this.
>
> What kind of potential issues do you see?

Item 1. to 3. in my mail

    https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2014/02/msg00004.html

Kind regards

      Andreas.