Re: [Blends] Debian Games task files online

On 04.02.2014 10:17, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]

> Ahh, OK.  Understand now.  I think I remember that there is some
> manpower bottleneck in the DebTags review.  BTW, when I realised this I
> think this is one more point in favour of manually edited tasks files -
> but I really hope that this bottleneck can be solved since I regard
> DebTags as an important feature.

Perhaps I'm too idealistic here but I think if someone provides
information they should benefit as many people as possible. Since
DebTags is basically a project about meta information, more than one
project could take advantage of it. On the other hand only the Blends
project benefits from manually editing task files.

[...]
>> If I could get access to debtags directly, I would prefer writing some
>> kind of UDD query. The whole process of generating task files for games
>> could and should be autogenerated on a server in my opinion. DebTags
>> already provides a lot of useful additional information about games and
>> I believe it is easier to convince people to update the debtags database
>> than to motivate them to write task files by hand and check from time to
>> time if they are up-to-date.
>
> Would you mind discussing this also on the debtags devel list.  As I
> told you Enrico Zini is considering this as misuse of DebTags and I
> think before you implement something like this it is worth discussing.

I was thinking about some kind of "read-only" queries but sure I will
consider it and hope he will reply this time.

[...]

> Do you know other teams directly targeting at Games where it would make
> sense to parse the machine readable files in VCS?

I'm not sure. I know that the Perl, Python and Java teams maintain some
language specific games but I don't think they consider themselves
"games teams".

Markus