Re: Status of spring and springlobby

On 25/01/14 11:45, Markus Koschany wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> tl;dr
>
> I have updated the spring package to the latest upstream release and
> fixed several bugs. Springlobby needs an update, too. I propose to
> remove rapid-spring from Debian because it is unsupported upstream, the
> GUI is too simple/primitive and using springlobby instead is probably
> easier for casual gamers.
>
> I'm also looking for reviews and someone who can upload spring to unstable.
>
> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/spring.git

For me, that gives:

projects /

404 - No such project

> I'm not really happy with the spring project in general. The game embeds
> far too many third party libraries to achieve synchronicity between
> clients on different operating systems and makes it difficult for
> distributions to maintain the engine properly. Trying to keep track of
> more than 5100 files is a job better suited for at least two people.
>
> If you are interested in Spring, please consider adding yourself to
> Uploaders and helping with future updates and reviews.

I would like to help out with future updates and reviews.  I've pushed
my packaging up to my guest account space which includes several fixes
and the latest spring version (96.0).

http://anonscm.debian.org/git/users/michaeld-guest/spring.git/
git clone git://git.debian.org/git/users/michaeld-guest/spring.git

(The gitweb view is broken for guest user space since the "alioth"
rebuild, along with guest user webspace for hosting packages.)

> Springlobby
>
> The current version is outdated and doesn't work very well with the
> latest spring release. I intend to update the package as well. @Jan and
> Marco: what are your future plans for spring and springlobby?

I would like to help out with springlobby as well.

Regards,
Mike.

--
FSF member #9429