Status of spring and springlobby

Hi all,

tl;dr

I have updated the spring package to the latest upstream release and
fixed several bugs. Springlobby needs an update, too. I propose to
remove rapid-spring from Debian because it is unsupported upstream, the
GUI is too simple/primitive and using springlobby instead is probably
easier for casual gamers.

I'm also looking for reviews and someone who can upload spring to unstable.

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/spring.git

I'm not really happy with the spring project in general. The game embeds
far too many third party libraries to achieve synchronicity between
clients on different operating systems and makes it difficult for
distributions to maintain the engine properly. Trying to keep track of
more than 5100 files is a job better suited for at least two people.

If you are interested in Spring, please consider adding yourself to
Uploaders and helping with future updates and reviews.

Springlobby
===========

The current version is outdated and doesn't work very well with the
latest spring release. I intend to update the package as well. @Jan and
Marco: what are your future plans for spring and springlobby?

rapid-spring

This package is a simple mod downloader for Spring. However the user
interface is primitive and not very user friendly. In addition
rapid-spring is unsupported upstream and won't receive any updates. I
intend to file a removal request for rapid-spring, if I don't hear or
read something else.

Regards,

Markus