Re: Love2d Game Packaging Policy

2014/1/10 Steven Hamilton <oz@scorch.net>:

> The supported method of love2d game distribution is to bundle everything
> into the one file. The fact that it's interpreted and the source code "is"
> the final build makes this easier. Personally I think it's great, but it is
> clearly different to how the majority of software is delivered into the
> debian packaging workflow (as something that needs compiled).
>
> The bad thing is, as you say, it makes it awkward for us to bugfix the code
> inside the package. It's not impossible though and I'd expect an extension
> of the standard I've proposed can be written to handle that, when it occurs.

In my opinion, the source code should be decompressed in the original
source tarball, and it should be debian/rules who would have to create
the zip file with the extension .love that will go into the binary
package. That way, whatever patches go to the source code, will work
just the same as with any other package. Think about java's .jar files
and you get the idea.

Greetings,
Miry