Re: Review pkg gmqcc (dependency for Xonotic)

Thanks very much for the clarification, Simon.  (I have read the mail
you linked and its links before, but their meaning has not really been
clear until now.)

On Tuesday 22 October 2013 19:46:32 Simon McVittie wrote:
> of constructing the copyright file forces the packager to review
> the source files and check that everything is *actually*
> DFSG-compliant (e.g. finding non-free files that were included in a
> tarball claiming to be GPL'd).
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=462996
>
> If the source package identifies copyright holders, then
> debian/copyright needs to list all those copyright holders. It's OK
> to merge multiple copyright statements: for instance if you have
>
>     src/foo.c: © 2011-2013 Homer Simpson, © 2010-2012 Ned Flanders
>     src/bar.c: © 2006-2012 Homer Simpson
>
> then it's considered OK to summarize that as
>
>     Files: src/*.c
>     Copyright:
>         © 2006-2013 Homer Simpson
>         © 2010-2012 Ned Flanders

So, Anton.  At the very least the copyright information needs to be
checked and any significant deviations from the top-level license
included  (for example, we can summarise like Simon explained, but we
must check for and include files with different authors or licenses).
I certainly did not do this for my initial review, but will check any
copyright file that you construct (that includes the current one if
you have already checked it :).

David