Re: Xonotic: gmqcc package review

9/29/13 9:55 PM, David Bate пишет:
> On Sunday 29 September 2013 18:56:50 Anton Balashov wrote:
>> So, the package becomes more clean and I hope to release it. Open
>> questions:
>>
>> * Should I make a patch for manpage?
> Yes, but as Boris mentioned, see if it is already fixed upstream.  A
> note - you may want to have your upstream branch as a copy of upstream
> git.  This makes things easier when picking patches.
>
> Also, this way git-buildpackage can auto generate your tarballs from
> upstream tags, see the git-upstream-tag option - this would also
> simplify the process of creating your tarbals even in the case you
> want to use an arbitrary upstream commit as, AFAIK, you could place
> the relevant tag onto the upstream branch (i.e. your copy of upstreams
> tree).
>
>> * What to do with dir "syntax"?
> I think that these files should be packaged.  Currently I see that
> your source only builds one package.  I would suggest you split the
> syntax files into another package as a user of the compiler would not
> necessarily want the syntax files (also, they are arch independent).
>
> These files may be suitable to go into a -dev package, but I may be
> wrong.  Also, there is a .tex file doc/specification.tex that
> describes the QuakeC language used by gmqcc.  It would be great (but
> not necessary) if this were compiled and put into a package too.  It
> could go into the same package as the syntax files.
>
>> * Who will be able to became a sponsor for the package? It need for
>> Xonotic (one of the best open FTS for Linix). Link for review [3].
>
> Don't worry about this part yet.
>
> David
>

> Yes, but as Boris mentioned, see if it is already fixed upstream.  A
> note - you may want to have your upstream branch as a copy of upstream
> git.  This makes things easier when picking patches.

Done:
* I remade the upstream branch. Now it's upstream/master. [1]
* Made a pull request to upstream about hyphen-used-as-minus-sign [2]
(already merged).

> I would suggest you split the
> syntax files into another package as a user of the compiler would not
> necessarily want the syntax files (also, they are arch independent).

I'm not sure that will be good. Yes, separate arch independent files is
a good process, but what package it will be? Just one this dir? Where I
should install it to? As end user, I would expect autointegration with
my IDE's what I don't plan to do. You got my idea :) WDYT?

>  Also, there is a .tex file doc/specification.tex that
> describes the QuakeC language used by gmqcc.  It would be great (but
> not necessary) if this were compiled and put into a package too.  It
> could go into the same package as the syntax files.

Because it's a doc file I deep it should be in the main package. Because
if user wouldn't install the syntax package, hi will not get a docs? :)
I'll google what to do with this tex file and will add it to the package.

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-games/gmqcc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/upstream
[2]https://github.com/graphitemaster/gmqcc/pull/134