Re: Xonotic packaging for new games team members (was Nexuiz 2.5.2-7)

28.09.2013 06:25, David Bate пишет:
> On Friday 27 September 2013 23:17:06 Anton Balashov wrote:
>> Hi, Simon.
>> Thank you for detailed response! I agree, this reason is not enough
>> for upload the new version.
>> I wish know that earlier :) Anyway, I got some experience..
>> About Xonotic packaging: I have week packaging skills yet and
>> Xonotic is a big "project". Don't know, could I be useful?.. I'll
>> think and maybe will ask David Bate.
>>

>> Thanks you.
>> Anton.
>
> Hi Anton,
>
> In the whole Xonotic is big, but we can split it up and it becomes
> much easier :).  The problem is that it is too big for me alone...
>
> Currently the engine that Xonotic uses (Darkplaces) is upto date in
> sid.  The next step is to package
>
> 1. gmqcc RFP: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=712125
> a new QuakeC compiler used in Xonotic, or
> 2. q3map2 RFP: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=693637
> the map compiler.
>
> After a quick look, gmqcc looks like a good starting point to learn
> how to package.  I would be willing to help and even have a very quick
> start on the package that I can share if you take up the challenge.
>
> q3map2 could be another start, though the upstream tarball has to be
> cleaned before it is suitable for Debian and so requires (a little)
> more work.
> - Possibly we could use the UFO:AI map compiler that is not yet in
> Debian, but looks like it could be soon.  This has the potential of
> completely not working, or producing maps that are somehow not
> compatible with upstream Xonotic (?) but it would reduce clutter and
> maybe our work load.
> - Another option would be to skip compiling the maps for a first
> packaging and use the ones provided upstream (along with source), like
> what is currently done for the other Quake derived games in Debian.
>
> These are also options for any of the other new members of the games
> team!
>
> David

Hi, David.
Thank you for good introduce!
I'll try to help by packaging gmqcc and already have questions :)

> I forgot to mention that the recommended git commit for Xonotic 0.7.0
is 100eaf9137008

What version package will have if it will be based on some commit, i. e.
not on a release tag?

If you have done some work for this package, pls, share it :)
I'll create a git repo in git.debian.org:/git/pkg-games/ if you agree.

Should I do something with wnpp bug? If yes, pls, send me to a guide :)

Should we have IM communication?

Thanks.
Anton