Re: Music

Hello,

On 17.09.2013 10:27, Николай wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I was wondering if there is a need for soundtracks for games you are
> making? I'd like to try creating a soundtrack for any game, if there is
> a possibility.
>
> Here's my portfolio:
> https://soundcloud.com/xterminal86

I think there is definitely a need to replace some sound files in games
maintained by the Debian Games Team because of license restrictions thus
your initiative is most welcome.

Though regarding your portfolio, tracks like Sailing or your Golden Sun
tribute indicate in their metadata that other people were involved in
making this music, e.g composer: Motoi Sakuraba. It is important for all
games that your work or your derived work can be made available under a
free license, like CC-BY-3.0 or CC-BY-SA-3.0, so a license clarification
would be appreciated.

I was thinking about creating a "games-music" package myself that
includes a couple of free music files of different genres. This is
mainly because I have to replace the whole soundtrack of M.A.R.S, a game
I intend to package but I think other packages like foobillardplus could
also recommend or depend on it.

@all: Please let me know if there is any interest within the Games Team
to create such a general free music package, then I would propose some
tracks from Jamendo and take Hans de Goede's list into account. [1] Of
course we can still update the package with new and different songs later.

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2013/07/msg00079.html