Re: linux_gaming reddit

(Paul was faster)

Hello Andrei, Jonathan and Ben!

(I'm CCing you because I don't know if you are subscribed already. If
that's the case, please say so on the list)

Thank you very much for your interest in helping out the Debian Games Team.

I think the best way to start and get a grasp of potential tasks is to
read these pages:

https://wiki.debian.org/Games
https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Development
https://wiki.debian.org/Games/Suggested

If you are interested in triaging and fixing bugs in all team maintained
packages, head over to

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-games-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

There is a column "Bugs". Just click on the link and try to reproduce
those bug reports, add a comment what you think about them or even try
to create a patch and attach it. Most games are written in C, C++,
Python and Java, so that would be your language of choice. But there are
a lot of bugs that simply require to edit some text files or to improve
the documentation.

You can learn more about Debian's bug tracker at

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control

If you want to learn how you can create your own Debian packages, check out

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
https://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian

and try to learn from existing packages by downloading the sources and
have a look at the debian directory.

Regards,

Markus