Re: Bug#696899: can anybody sponsor an ITP for premake4 ?
I've had time to look at -1 this morning on the train into work - I'll
next have time to do some Debian stuff on Thursday evening (UTC+1).
I think we'll need to get rid of the embedded copy of lua in the
premake4 source tarball. This means
1. repackaging the orig.tar.gz without src/host/lua-5.1.4, adding
a suffix to the version e.g. +dfsg1 (so we end up with
3. Adding a debian/README.source file which documents step 1.
above and why
3. changing the version in debian/changelog to match
4. updating the debian/watch file to add a version mangle, so it
can convert the debianized upstream version back to a real
upstream version (see http://wiki.debian.org/DEHS)
5. Possibly implementing a 'get-orig-source' target in debian/rules
which can perform step 1. for people automatically
I've done steps 1-4 myself locally. Luckily it seems no other changes
are needed to the source for it to build without the embedded copy of
lua. If you'd like to have a go at doing this, please do so and I can
look at a 4.3+dfsg1-1 package for sponsoring on Thursday. Alternatively
I could upload the version with my 1-4 changes, if you give me the nod.