Re: remove abuse-sdl and warsow from Debian wheezy?

On 26.02.2013 08:50, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 09:43:49AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> I would suggest fixing the issue rather than taking the lazy option of
>> dropping it completely.
>
> Well, I've at least had an attempt at fixing it. I'm not sure I'd say
> dropping it was lazy, since we've failed to fix it rather than failed
> to try.

I knew pabs would say that. :) Now you also need to point out concrete
steps how you intend to fix the game.

I think the main issue here is not the unwillingness of certain people
but the license of the claudio addon which nobody except the copyright
holder can change.

There have been at least four attempts to fix the package so far. Two
people unsuccessfully tried to contact the author of the claudio addon,
two others tried to cripple the game. I think that's not laziness just
as little it is to consider the option of dropping the game completely
because i doubt we can support a non-distributable game. In its current
form it will never be part of a stable release.

At the moment the only viable option seems to be to remove the addon but
i dislike the thought as a user to cripple a game and i think most
people won't honor these efforts, they are just a recipe for further bug
reports.

However if the team votes for this option, i volunteer to butcher, ahem
to fix the game provided someone helps with sponsoring.

Regards,

Markus