Re: remove abuse-sdl and warsow from Debian wheezy?

Hi,

On 25.02.2013 15:19, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> warmux has an RC bug and the last-but-one commit to the VCS for the packaging was
> to remove Eddy as an uploader, meaning there are no uploaders for warmux at the
> moment.

Hmm, there is still Felix Geyer listed as uploader for warmux. Btw the
game works fine here, so i'm in favour of downgrading the bug.

> abuse has two RC bugs. Sam is listed as uploader (CCed) but I think isn't active
> at the moment. (CCing Sam out of courtesy, apologies if I'm mistaken). I had a go
> at fixing these but didn't manage to build a working package when I last tried.

I also tried and could build a working package. I have managed to remove
the claudio addon but obviously this means abuse is only half the game
it was before.

> Should we drop these packages from wheezy?

When is the right moment to drop the game completely from Debian? No
response for almost two years from Sam who is also upstream and the
copyright holder of the claudio addon cannot be found which makes it
very hard or even impossible to retain the original game for a stable
release.

Regards,

Markus