Re: Steam for Linux? No thanks.

* Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@member.fsf.org> [2013-02-23 09:20:20 CET]:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:29:58 Vincent Cheng wrote:
> In general decision making is not always precise or accurate. For example
> risks assessment may be highly speculative and not based on any good
> observation/science but it is not necessarily wrong.
>
> Speaking about this issue, my argument that DRM is wrong or at least not
> useful is hardly lacking supporting facts to consider or articulate.

> > Best-case scenario is that the parties involved in the
> > argument just agree to disagree.
>
> That's OK if both parties at least communicated their arguments and tried to
> understand each other. Lack of communication could be worse if parties just
> assume than other side is immune to arguments.

 From an earlier mail of yours:

| Can you support your statement with facts? I don't see how your argument is
| better than mine -- you've just said "no it's not".

 I'm sorry, but claiming others are immune to arguments when you
(intentionally?) ignore the requests to base your statement that steam
is "all about DRM" with something useful, I fail to see your arguments
at all.  It has been shown that there are games on steam that are *not*
DRM encumbered, and steam itself doesn't force it onto games distributed
through it, so your sole "argument" is unfortunately moot.

 You might feel you hare mistreated here, but accusing others of
ignorance when you don't give us your facts is not buying you any
respect for your cause.

> Is Steam upload benefits Debian in any way? I doubt that...

 There are people who think otherwise.  Please respect that.

 Enjoy,
Rhonda