Re: First Steps. ITA Powder.

 Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 10:59:04AM +0100, Etienne Millon wrote:
> * Boris Pek <tehnick-8@yandex.ru> [130206 10:48]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > As my first steps (well second) to contribute to Debian I'd like to
> > > adopt the Powder package which has been orphaned. I believe my steps are;
> > >
> > > 1) Change bug to ITA
> > > 2) Change ownership in package and upload
> >
> > Exactly.
>
> Thanks for joining Debian !

No problemo.

> In addition to what Boris said, I would add that your first upload
> should do more than just change the Uploader field + close the ITA
> bug.

Thats true. As well as caring for the game itself (I play a lot of Powder on my
n900) I see this as a good inroad to learning the debian management system, bug
system, uploading etc.

In parallel I'm looking to package Pioneer (http://pioneerspacesim.net) which
may or may not be appropriate for unstable since it's under heavy development.
In any case it's good practise at packaging fresh applications. The source for
pioneer already includes a debian directory which produces a binary package
and a data package but it appears debian dirs in source packages are discouraged
and I should produce my own (no problems there). It does however create a
binary package and a data package and I'm stumped as to how it does it. Is this
implemented simply using the <packagename>-install files?