Re: prboom+

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Markus Koschany wrote:

> So prboom+ has some new features compared to prboom but i wonder if
> there is any kind of criterion or guideline within the games team to decide
> whether a fork should be packaged or not. For example what's the
> difference between having Torcs but not Speed Dreams in Debian? Is it
> simply a matter of "someone must be interested in doing the work" or are
> there other reasons?

We've had two separate 'requests for package' in the case of prboom+. I'd say
"someone must be interested in doing the work" is one criterion, and "someone
wants the package" is another.

> prboom+ sounds like a slightly enhanced version, anyone know if they
> could/should be merged or not?

They have some slightly incompatible priorities, so a formal merge is unlikely.
They share an upstream VCS (different branches) and a lot of code flows between
the two I think.