Re: prboom+

On Wed, 24. Oct 12:02 "gustavo panizzo <gfa>" <gfa@zumbi.com.ar> wrote:
> On 24.10.2012 05:57, Jon Dowland wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >We had another RFP for prboom+. I've never been too bothered about
> >packaging prboom+,
>
> what advantages over prboom it has? i didn't found any on the website
>
> last release is from 2008

It seems the last release was on 2011-12-04. [1]

So prboom+ has some new features compared to prboom but i wonder if
there is any kind of criterion or guideline within the games team to decide
whether a fork should be packaged or not. For example what's the
difference between having Torcs but not Speed Dreams in Debian? Is it
simply a matter of "someone must be interested in doing the work" or are
there other reasons?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/prboom-plus/