Re: Debian Games Team Screnshotting Party

Hi,

On 01-03-12 02:57, Paul Wise wrote:
> Make the party longer to include more folks from around the world. If
> we need an admin for something (like screenshots/debtags) then we will
> probably need to supply extra people for that period of time. We would
> also need to ensure that people from the games team will be present
> the entire time to answer questions etc.

Sounds good! I was sort of planning to be there, but I just returned
from a school trip (I'm a teacher) and I slept through the entire party.

> Link to some web service that uses GeoIP to find the right timezone
> and convert from UTC. Or write a MoinMoin plugin for wiki.debian.org
> to do this for us. I note that the <<DateTime(timestamp)>> macro
> already allows formatting the time in the local timezone for the
> logged-in user.

I would expect this to be fixable with less effort than using such
workarounds. I mean, the reason we want dudle is that it is free
software... I just pulled the source in, but it's in ruby, which I can
read, but not write (meaning this is the first time I see anything in
Ruby). If nobody else steps up, I might try to write a patch for it
anyway though. Can't be too hard.

Thanks,
Bas