Re: Debian Games Team Screnshotting Party

On 1 March 2012 08:57, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
Joey Hess suggested that making it a full day would be an improvement
and that converting from UTC to local times is annoying.

I guess for next time we should:

Make the party longer to include more folks from around the world. If
we need an admin for something (like screenshots/debtags) then we will
probably need to supply extra people for that period of time. We would
also need to ensure that people from the games team will be present
the entire time to answer questions etc.

Link to some web service that uses GeoIP to find the right timezone
and convert from UTC. Or write a MoinMoin plugin for wiki.debian.org
to do this for us. I note that the <<DateTime(timestamp)>> macro
already allows formatting the time in the local timezone for the
logged-in user.
+1

I wanted to make the screenshot party, but had some real issues with my notebook and could only get around to fixing it now - so another go would be excellent :)

PS: Being an absolute noob on these kinds of things, having a mentor would be great. I want to get more involved in opensource development en thought a nice easy introduction (screenshots of games) would be a great way to get started.

PPS: As I am currently staying in Thailand (not too close to the western time zones) I would also appreciate a longer time to do this.

  Nicol van der Merwe