Re: Vote on NMU/commiting guidelines

On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 11:32 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
>
> > I would like to break down the strong-maintainership culture that we
> > currently have in Debian and this proposal seems to go the opposite
> > way.
>
> Sad to see the vote went the other way :(

Yes, between the alternatives the more restrictive won out, but on the
whole, I feel the guidelines are actually going in a more "liberal"
direction, since I would hesitate more on these thing if they were not
in writing.

That might just be me though?

> > In addition, the other day on #debian-devel we discovered that DDs not
> > in group pkg-games are not able to commit. It seems the alioth support
> > for this is buggy, looks like it doesn't add the required filesystem
> > ACLs.
>
> This has now been fixed, all DD accounts should be in the scm_pkg-games group.

Good! I thought it was fixed way back when I was poking at it (iirc a DD
even confirmed it, I guess not then..)

--
Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner@gmail.com>