Re: Vote on NMU/commiting guidelines

On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 18:15 +0200, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> (...)
> Anyway, I find these guidelines important and would like to see some
> progress. I'm proposing the following vote.
>
> AB  * Info in debian/README.source overrides guidelines
> AB  * Ask but don't wait for 'OK' before commiting
> AB  * Act on maintainer objections
> A   * Ask but don't wait for 'OK' before uploading, ask and wait 5
days for 'OK' before adding yourself to 'Uploaders'
> B   * Ask and wait 5 days for 'OK' before uploading and adding
yourself to 'Uploaders'
> C   * Further discussion
>
> I will wait one week for additional options for the vote and then
let's use another week for voting.

> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS/Guidelines currently contains B.
>
> Best regards,
> Tobias Hansen

Hi, thanks for bringing this up, I'd kind of forgotten about it :)

I vote B A C

I think it might be good to clarify {IF this is the intention (I think
it should be)} that "act on objections" is not limited to the 5-day
period, if someone disagrees with you after 7 days instead (for some
reason or other), there's no hint that you're "free to ignore" at that
point.

Worth mentioning here is that when I wrote it I did intentionally word
"act on objections" very diffusely, so that it could potentially mean
anything from "friendly discussion" to "flamewar on debian-devel", just
to point out that objections should NOT be ignored (is that evident? Is
that good?).

--
Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner@gmail.com>