Re: vavoom_1.32-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 09:39:32PM +0100, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Il 07/02/2012 11:22, Jon Dowland ha scritto:
> >> Recommends: doom-wad | heretic-wad | game-data-packager
> >
> > This is a union, one of which *is* satisfyable in main (doom-wad).
>
> Unless I'm missing something, doom-wad is a virtual package provided by
> doom-wad-shareware, which is in non-free.

You're not missing something, I am :-) "freedm" in main should probably provide
doom-wad (but doesn't yet).  I had forgotten.

> > game-data-packager is indeed in contrib. Is that the problem?
>
> Yes, but together with all the above points, as it seems none of the
> three packages are satisfiable in main.

If we fix doom-wad/freedm what are your feelings: do we need to remove g-d-p
too in order to upload vavoom?

> > Practically, 99% of people installing this package are going to want to install
> > game-data-packager, which is free software.  Not having it in Recommends is,
> > imho, a disservice to our users.
>
> In that case, you'll have to use contrib for vavoom too.

I'm likely to re-upload g-d-p to main, at some point, with support for
packaging freedoom.

Thanks,

--
Jon Dowland