Re: vavoom_1.32-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 08:30:21PM +0100, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Il 06/02/2012 12:27, Jon Dowland ha scritto:
> >> your package recommends other packages available in non-free and contrib,
> > thus it can't be accepted into main.
> >
> > Luca, you rejected Vavoom in October 2011 with the above message, but you
> > didn't say which package was the problem one.  I can't find any such packages
> > in the recommends of vavoom.  What was the problem, please?
>
> Package: vavoom
> [...]
> Recommends: doom-wad | heretic-wad | game-data-packager

This is a union, one of which *is* satisfyable in main (doom-wad).

heretic-wad is a virtual package with no provider in main. Is that the problem?
(a)

game-data-packager is indeed in contrib. Is that the problem? (b)

Whilst I personally think the "no recommends on contrib packages" rule is
stupid, accepting that, this is not a direct recommend on a contrib package,
but as part of a union.

Practically, 99% of people installing this package are going to want to install
game-data-packager, which is free software.  Not having it in Recommends is,
imho, a disservice to our users.

If you could spell out which of (a), (b), both or other is the problem then we
can rectify the package.

--
Jon Dowland