Re: cegui library for ogre

In-line :-

2011/7/10 Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>:
> On Saturday 09 July 2011 22:03:35 Muammar El Khatib wrote:
>> > You can try to convince the maintainer, or offer him help to comaintain
>> > the package (so you create the new revision and he uploads it for
>> > you).
>>
>> I like this idea. If one is really so interested in a package it is a
>> good thing to offer help as well. Actually, I was thinking in
>> uploading that library and other game I maintain to Debian Games Team
>> because: 1) I don't have that much time as I used to have before, 2) I
>> still would like to maintain (or team maintaining) them.
>
> OK, so you can comaintain it through Games Team and get the help of shirish
> at the same time... :)

Hi all,
     I haven't done any programming ever. The most I have done is
compilations and it has taken me a better part of the last 2-3 years
(or maybe a bit more) to get a hang of it.

Couple of blog posts outlining what I have learnt so far :-

http://wp.me/pfuZu-qD

http://wp.me/pfuZu-r4

so while doing a local build (using .configure, make) would be easy or
even if I run into mistakes I know I can get help/support and more
often than not sort it out .

The whole packaging bit is another thing altogether for which I'm
neither capable nor do I think I have the capacity to do anything
about it.

I'm open though to doing some baby-steps things which might help the
team. I am comfortable using IRC and available to try out small new
things (bite-sized things) if people think it can help.
<snipped>
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17