Re: RFS: lugaru (new package)

Am Mittwoch, den 08.06.2011, 14:58 +0200 schrieb Arand Nash:
> On 08/06/11 13:37, Bruno Kleinert wrote:
> > Hi Arand,
> >
> > at a quick review of lugaru I found the following issues:
> >
> > The desktop-file-validate utility (package desktop-file-utils) spit out:
> > lugaru.desktop: error: value "1.1" for key "Version" in group "Desktop
> > Entry" is not a known version
> >
> Ah, right, I was reading the FD 1.1 *draft*, missing the hint in the
> word draft :) changed.
>
> > lugaru.desktop and lugaru.menu:
> > Please supply the full path to the binary or wrapper script like
> > Exec=/usr/games/lugaru to avoid messing with users' PATH environment
> > variable.
> >
> Ok, I was going by the example here
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/apa.html
> which did not have this.
>
> I've changed Exec to use /usr/games/lugaru and TryExec to
> /usr/lib/games/lugaru/lugaru (the actual binary), I'm not sure if this
> makes perfect sense, but it made some to me.
I always omit this field in my .desktop files ;) The specification says
"Path to an executable file on disk used to determine if the program is
actually installed." As far as I understand this,
specifying /usr/lib/games/lugaru/lugaru isn't correct and in this case
TryExec doesn't make any sense at all, because the .desktop file isn't
installed as long as lugaru isn't installed. I'd suggest to omit the
TryExec field.

> > In lugaru-data debian/control says Section: contrib/games. I didn't
> > notice any dependency or build-dependency on a package from the non-free
> > section, so lugaru-data goes either into main or into non-free.
> >
> Yeah, I noticed that before and it should already be changed. The -data
> package should be non-free (due to the "non-revenue" license).
>
> > The binary package lugaru-data has a circular dependency on lugaru. It
> > should be Enhances: lugaru.
> >
> Oops, Changed.
>
> > Cheers - Fuddl
>
> Thanks for reviewing! I've uploaded new packages to mentors with these
> changes.
You're welcome ;)

I don't want to sponsor the upload right at the moment, because either
me or sbuild did something wrong when I sponsored the upload of
oss-compat and I don't want to make the same mistake again :)

Greetings - Fuddl