Re: RFS: oss-compat (adoption, updated package)

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 12:10:48PM +0200, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 01:06:59AM +0200, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.0.5 of the package
> > "oss-compat", which I am adopting within the games team. (I believe this
> > makes sense since the main users of the Open Sound System nowadays are old
> > Linux games.)
>
> Looks like we've another case of duplicated work here:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/oss-compat/news/20110608T100624Z.html

Nope, not duplicated work; the changelog entry is identical to the one
that Stephen Kitt worked on in the pkg-games Git repository:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-games/oss-compat.git;a=blob;f=debian/changelog;h=d8b7ea6d6b79bf5125ade0d8f775856d535b40ee;hb=HEAD
(argh, yep, ugly URL - just the latest rev of the debian/changelog file in
the pkg-games/oss-compat.git repository on Alioth Reborn)

I'm not really sure why Fuddl reset the maintainer field when uploading;
the usual practice is to set it to the Debian Games Team (as Stephen did)
and, if necessary, put the uploader's name in the, well, Uploaders field :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net roam@FreeBSD.org peter@packetscale.com
If this sentence didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.