Re: speed-dreams package

Hi Thomas,

You're more likely to get an answer if you use the
debian-devel-games@lists.debian.org mailing list (cc'ed).

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 05:39:39PM +0100, Thomas Maass wrote:
> I built a package for speed-dreams, but lintian gives the following:
> http://paste.debian.net/111247/
> Which of these errors can be ignored?

I'd say the spelling-error-in-binary errors and possible
package-contains-empty-directory, the latter at least if speed-dreams
needs the directories to exist (i.e. it doesn't create them as
needed).

> The manpages are shipped by upstream, but they seem to contain
> errors.

hyphen-used-as-minus-sign is usually easy to fix;
manpage-has-errors-from-man may be harder, I haven't looked in detail
at the error you're getting. It's often worth fixing these errors (and
sending a patch upstream)!

> A lot of the docs are tutorials about the game. Must I register
> them?

I'd say go for it, it's quite easy too...

> I moved all the architecture-independend files to the data package.
> There are no more in the essential.
> What about the extra license files?

Simply delete them at the end of your binary target, after calling
speed-dreams installation routine; they'll be in
debian/speed-dreams/usr/share/games/speed-dreams etc.

Regards, and thanks for your packaging work,

Stephen