Re: Updating CEGUI Libraries in Debian to 0.75

In-line :-

2011/2/22 Muammar El Khatib <muammar@debian.org>:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/2/21 shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>        I have been waiting (for quite some time now) to see the
>> update of CEGUI Libraries in Debian to 0.75 either in unstable or
>> experimental (now that squeeze has released) but to no avail .
>>
>> I sent out few mails on this bug
>>

> I told you that I was going to talk to debian-release.¹

Dear Muammar El Khatib,
               First of all let me apologize if I came on too strong
or something. Yes, I do agree that you had told me that you were going
to speak to debian-release but I do not/did not have any way to find
out if you had taken the initiative or not . In fact, if the same mail
link had been put on the bug tracking it, I would not have posted on
the list in the first place (knowing that you are working on resolving
the issue) .

<snipped>

> I was told to upload CEGUI to experimental, and I will do that this
> week. The package is failing to create libCEGUILibxmlParser-0.7.5.so
> in a clean chroot since I have dropped the tar-in-tar debian
> source.(log can be seen attached). I suspect this is a missing build
> dependency, in fact I tried some things, but I didn't have enough time
> last week for fixing it. If you have time to help me figure out what
> it is the one missed I'd appreciate it.

ok, my knowledge in GNU/Linux extends to the fact that *.so means a
library (like a .dll in windows) but that's about it, so sorry no idea
there mate.

As for you getting it in experimental, yeah :P

I can help after you have uploaded it, if there is some ways to test
it by doing something or the other open to either through some
command-line or whichever way. I am open to using standard e-mail,
gchat or IRC whichever you prefer to see that its in good shape.

<snipped>

> I really do understand your situation, and as usual, I do apologize
> for all delay in this. But afterwards, this kind of things take time.

No apologies needed, we are both looking at this from different angles
and the target (for both of us) is to have the latest current versions
of softwares we love and enjoy in Debian.

<snipped>

> As you said, compiling and getting libraries to work properly can take time.

true, looking forward to you putting it up to experimental and perhaps
me testing it and reporting whether it works good or not.

Look forward to testing and using the new library.

> Regards,
>
> 1. http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-release@lists.debian.org/msg44926.html
>
> --
> Muammar El Khatib.
> Linux user: 403107.
> GPG Key = 127029F1
> http://muammar.me | http://proyectociencia.org
>   ,''`.
>  : :' :
>  `. `'
>    `-

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17