Re: Freeware game without source suitable for non-free?

Am 19.02.2011 03:39, schrieb Paul Wise:
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Tobias Hansen
<Tobias.Hansen@physik.uni-hamburg.de>  wrote:

I have prepared a Debian package of the adventure game engine SLUDGE [1,
2] and I'm currently waiting for the last missing dependency libalure
1.1 to be released and included in Debian.
Are there any SLUDGE games that are clearly DFSG-free?
No, but the packages will also contain a development kit.
I also would also like to package my favourite SLUDGE game "Out Of
Order" [3], but it is not free. It is freeware with permission to
redistribute it and only a compiled game file that is interpreted by the
SLUDGE engine is available. I would like to know if it is likely to be
included in non-free if I package it and ask for a sponsor.
I cannot find any permission to redistribute within the license, could
you point out which sentence makes you think that would be acceptable?
Yes, I know. Tim Furnish wrote in the same mail that contained the "license":

"Sore, by all means make the existing OOO data file available for Linux - with the engine if that's what you're suggesting. I must admit, despite having used Linux on and off for over 10 years, I've never packaged anything up for it for distribution so don't really have that much of a clue about what's involved. But yeah, go for it. The data file's freely distributable at the moment as part of the installer... so I guess there's no harm whatsoever in make it available outside of it."

Is it enough to add that passage to the license text or do I have to contact him again?

Regards, Tobias