Re: Freeware game without source suitable for non-free?

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Tobias Hansen
<Tobias.Hansen@physik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:

> I have prepared a Debian package of the adventure game engine SLUDGE [1,
> 2] and I'm currently waiting for the last missing dependency libalure
> 1.1 to be released and included in Debian.

Are there any SLUDGE games that are clearly DFSG-free?

> I also would also like to package my favourite SLUDGE game "Out Of
> Order" [3], but it is not free. It is freeware with permission to
> redistribute it and only a compiled game file that is interpreted by the
> SLUDGE engine is available. I would like to know if it is likely to be
> included in non-free if I package it and ask for a sponsor.

I cannot find any permission to redistribute within the license, could
you point out which sentence makes you think that would be acceptable?

> Oh, and if there's already someone who would like to sponsor the SLUDGE
> package later, let me know.

Check out this:

http://wiki.debian.org/Games/Sponsors/Queue

--