Re: Packaging SDL_perl 2.5*, and frozen-bubble for Debian Experimental

Hello folks,

I am the author of Pang Zero. I will see if I can release a new version "soon"; thanks for the heads up. I have another game based on SDL_perl called Vacuum Magic (http://apocalypse.rulez.org/vacuum), which is a lot more complex than Pang Zero and uses OpenGL. I'll try to port that one as well.

Best regards,
UPi.

Kartik Thakore wrote:
Hello folks,

I am the maintainer for SDL_perl (http://search.cpan.org/~kthakore/ <http://search.cpan.org/%7Ekthakore/>) and over the past few months we have rewritten the SDL_perl API. We have lots of fixes and new improvements.( http://www.cpantesters.org/show/SDL.html#SDL-2.511). The new APi has more docs, and developers working on it. It is a massive improvement and needs to be updated on Debian.

In an attempt to release SDL_perl on Debian, we have also ported frozen-bubble to the new API. (http://github.com/kthakore/frozen-bubble) , Which is now a beta on the official frozen bubble site (http://www.frozen-bubble.org/downloads/).

The only other package in Debian that depends on SDL_perl is pangzero. We have started to port it too (http://github.com/kthakore/pangzero). But because the project seems dead upstream (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pangzero/) I am having a hard time finding space in my schedule for it. We need help porting this. I will be around to answer any questions for the folks. Also the #sdl channel has many people who have help migrate frozen-bubble on there.

Nevertheless this email is an attempt to get the process started to get SDL_perl 2.5* onto Debian and Ubuntu as we have many games we want to release with the new API.

Regards,
Kartik Thakore