Re: spring and -march=i686

Randomly joining the thread...

I would not just persuade them to go fixed point. There just needs to be a canonical source to decide letscallem disputes. In effect, a host whose calculations would be canonical.

Possibility of game falling apart due to desync? Heck, even someone with very modest skills, like me, wouldn't design a protocol prone to that. I hope hypertalented folks behind Spring stop depending on game instances having to perform exact same calculations. Processors can have hardware mistakes in FPU, too (Pentium bug).

Regards,
Ivan Vucica
via phone