Re: I just made debian package of ClanLib 2.0.4 .

Nozzy Nozzy wrote:
Mark Page wrotes,

1) This package (I made) produces following 4 binary package
according to the way of clanlib_0.8.1 package,

+ clanlib-2.0-doc_2.0.4-1_all.deb
+ libclanapp-2.0_2.0.4-1_i386.deb
+ libclansdl-2.0_2.0.4-1_i386.deb
+ libclanlib-2.0-dev_2.0.4-1_i386.deb

You are missing most of ClanLib.  clanSDL is only for pc's without
opengl and SSE2 instruction set.

 No. libclanapp-2.0 ,which I made, has many libraries.

 Result of 'dpkg -L libclanapp-2.0' is shown,
        ------
/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/README.kdevelop
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/CODING_STYLE.gz
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/CREDITS
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/README.distros
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/ascii-logo
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/PATCHES
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/README.anjuta
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/TODO.txt.gz
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/UPGRADE.txt
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libclanapp-2.0/README
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libclanMikMod-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanGUI-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanSound-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanApp-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanVorbis-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanGL1-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanDatabase-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanNetwork-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanDisplay-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanGL-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanCore-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanSqlite-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanGDI-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanRegExp-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libclanGL1-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanGDI-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanSound-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanNetwork-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanSqlite-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanVorbis-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanMikMod-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanApp-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanCore-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanDatabase-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanDisplay-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanRegExp-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanGL-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libclanGUI-2.0.so.1

    ------------------

 And also configure reports in building package:
                    -------
The following modules will be built:

                     clanGL = yes
                    clanGL1 = yes
                    clanApp = yes
               clanDatabase = yes
                 clanRegExp = yes
                 clanSqlite = yes
                    clanGUI = yes
                    clanGDI = yes (SSE2 instruction set enabled)
                    clanSDL = yes
                   clanCore = yes
                  clanSound = yes (ALSA Enabled)
                clanNetwork = yes
                clanDisplay = yes (Linux Joystick Enabled) (Linux Input
Enabled) (XF86 VidMode Enabled)
                 clanMikmod = yes
                 clanVorbis = yes

Build Documentation = yes Debug Build = no (Use --enable-debug to enable)
              -----------------

 I just accord to the packaging policy of clanlib_0.8.1.

But I did't know why maintainers of clanlib_0.8.1 decide that they put almost all libraries on libclanapp-0.8-1. [Q1] Does anyone know why maintainers of clanlib_0.8.1 decide libclanapp is included almost all libraries?

Thanks,
 ---
Nozzy

Nozzy,

Can you post your source package somewhere, I can take a look at it and see about including it in the games team. Or you can join us on the Debian Games Team and help maintain them.

As for the current clanlib 0.8 package, I sort of got it that way. Do we really need 10 different binary packages? If upstream has some better ideas for binary packages, I'm up for suggestions.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese
Debian Games team