Re: git vs. svn (again)

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 01:09:45AM +0200, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> I have no idea how DG team handles stuff, because I
> honestly didn't yet check out your sources, guys (I'm
> mostly lurking here to learn more about packaging and
> issues around it).
>
> But...just ship a shell script that will fetch the latest
> upstream source?  :-)

We implement watch files for most (or all?) packages, so we
essentially have that already.

For nearly all the SVN/trunk packages there is only a
./debian sub-directory. You could then unpack the source
tarball into the checkout and not suffer any clashes.
However this doesn't apply in all cases:

 * billard-gl - full source
 * dopewars - full source
 * pyracerz - ./modules
 * game-data-packager - native package, all source in SVN

--
Jon Dowland