Re: git vs. svn (again)

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 21:12, Christoph Egger <debian@christoph-egger.org> wrote:

Hi all!

       I'm not sure it is true. I totally agree git is adding unneeded
complexity (multiple remotes to follow e.g.) and has some features that
might be handy but add complexity (local commits). However Git gives you
a perfectly dpkg-buildpackage buildable checkout while svn doesn't and
works around some mayour pitfalls (things I still get caught like rm and
mv should *never* be done but "svn rm" or "svn mv").

What do you mean, it doesn't give you dpkg-buildpackage-able checkout? If you are only referring to .svn folders, remember there is also 'svn export' command. Otherwise, since I haven't used git and since I'm a relatively novice packager (mostly doing my own packages since I don't have anything to submit into Debian)  I'd like to know what's so bad about SVN :-)

Ivan Vučica

Cateia Games :: www.cateia.com
Zagrebački računalni savez :: www.zrs.hr
ivan@vucica.net :: ivan.vucica.net

This email is personal correspendence and
does not imply endorsement by any
businesses or associations mentioned above.