Re: Debian Games Parties!

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Bas Wijnen wrote:

> I used the list of games from qa.debian.org/developer.php where the
> games team is maintainer; I suppose that's all we need?

I had intended to make it about all games in Debian, so section games
or stuff with debtags that indicates a game.

>> > - Most likely I will program the server side as a CGI script in bash,
>> >  with a plain-text DB.  Client side will be HTML and javascript
>> >  (Ecma262+DOM), of course.
>>
>> Hmm, OK. I was thinking something Web2.0 like django/pylons/RoR &
>> jquery.
>
> Even though this "Web2.0" thing is around for some time now, I still
> don't really know what it is. ;-)  Anyway, bash is fine for cgi
> scripting in general, but awful for handling POST data.  So I've now
> used python, which has a module for that. :-)

Welll, in this case it would mean zero page reloads, the claims/etc
would happen in the background and the page updated using
AJAX/xmlHttpRequest.

>> This brings up a good point though, how to sync status with the
>> screenshots site. I'll talk to Signum about it.
>
> Are there any changes to be expected during the party?  I didn't expect
> syncing to be useful; the party is an atomic operation on the time scale
> of package uploads. :-)

Yeah, I was mainly thinking of how to get a list of packages and
versions of existing screenshots from screenshots.d.n.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise