Re: Debian Games Parties!

Moin!

	Sounds like some fun to do and possibly useful for the project as well.
If I can make it I'll help there.

Paul Wise schrieb:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Bas Wijnen wrote:
>> - It would probably be nice to combine the page with an IRC bot for
>>  notifications.  However, I have no experience with IRC bots at all, so
>>  that will not work unless someone will implement it.
>
> Definitely, and maybe for claims too.

	I have no experience there, too, but I'm quite willing&interested in
figuring it out ;) if we can make up an way for the CGI and the bot to
communicate.

>> - Most likely I will program the server side as a CGI script in bash,
>>  with a plain-text DB.  Client side will be HTML and javascript
>>  (Ecma262+DOM), of course.
>
> Hmm, OK. I was thinking something Web2.0 like django/pylons/RoR &
> jquery. I don't have the skills to do that though so I'll leave choice
> of tech to you.
>
>> Possible package states:
>> 0 - needs screenshot
>> 1 - has screenshot
>> 2 - has approved screenshot
>> 3 - has screenshot in the archive
>> Initially all packages should be in state 0 or 3.
>
> Not sure if we need 1 vs 2 since I'll just continously approve/reject
> stuff? This brings up a good point though, how to sync status with the
> screenshots site. I'll talk to Signum about it.
>
>> Names used for claiming should be IRC nicks.  There could be a comment
>> field on the package and one on the name.
>
> Agreed.

Regards

	Christoph

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon : GPG-Key ID: 0x0372275D
\ /    Campaign   :

http://www.christoph-egger.org/