Re: Disk usage on alioth. What to do?

Am Donnerstag, den 10.12.2009, 13:14 +0100 schrieb Vincent Fourmond:
>   My question is: why do we need to store on alioth the tarballs one
> can get with apt-get source ? This is just a waste of resources. Old
> unused tarballs should go as well, IMHO. That only leaves work in
> progress packages (ie, new packages, or new upstream versions). My
> guess is if we only keep the tarballs newer than the latest debian
> version, we should easily save 80%.
Yep, I think tarballs for WiP packages is no problem IF they're packages
with a separate debian/ directory in a VCS. Probably this hits all the
packages maintained via Subversion.

In the case a package is maintained via Git with pristine-tar I see
absolutely no reason to keep a separate orig.tar.gz. Assuming that
pristine-tar works as expected this should also be the most space
efficient way to store upstream data ;)

So, what to do? ATM I'm convinced by Vincent and will remove "my"
needless tarballs in a few days if there won't arise any objections.

Cheers - Fuddl