Re: GL problem

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 3:39 PM, gabor ungvari <gabor.ungvari@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am not sure this is the proper list to ask my problem, so please advice me.

debian-user would be better.

> I have an etch based desktop where I have an ATI video card.

etch is quite old, you might want to upgrade to lenny or squeeze if
you feel adventurous.

> I have installed this package: libgl1-mesa-swx11. Because I wanted to
> So, I am looking for some advice how can I "restore" back to the state
> my system to get hw accelerated GL working smoothly? Or what should I
> check that can cause this performance drop of GL?

Your mistake was installing libgl1-mesa-swx11, which the mesa software
OpenGL renderer (not hardware accellerated). Remove it and install
libgl1-mesa-dri and libgl1-mesa-glx (or the equivalent for the
prioprietary drivers).

--
bye,
pabs