Re: Ubuntu Gaming Team

Hi persia, hi *,

On Fri, 01 May 2009 15:41:46 +0900 Emmet Hikory wrote:

> > - Create a 'games-swat' team for the triage of game bugs in Ubuntu.
> > - Create a 'games-swat-bugs' mailing list.
> > - All bugs reported against game packages in Ubuntu are subscribed to
> >   team and email sent to the 'games-swat-bugs' mailing list.
> > - People join the 'games-swat' team.
> > - People subscribe to the 'games-swat-bugs' mailing list which using
> >   filters will allow quick isolation of game bugs that a person can then
> >   look at and maybe assist with.
> >
> > This is similar to how X Swat works and I feel would be a good way for
> > those 'volunteers' interested in helping with game bugs in Ubuntu to get
> > exactly what they want and nothing else for triage or fixing. How this
> > interacts with Debian is a further discussion but may increase the speed
> > of bugs reports over to Debian and possibly fixes. It may also encourage
> > people to develop directly as part of the joint Debian/Ubuntu
> > development team.

Does this mean that everybody (if approved by some member) can join the
team? Making running a PPA under the same team quite difficult :)

>     So, I noticed that Evgeni registered the pkg-games team on Launchpad
> (2).

This one was meant to provide backports of some of our games for older
(Hardy, Intrepid) Ubuntu releases via a PPA, but can also used as you
describe:

> I'm curious what others think about taking the following
> (separable) steps:
>
> a) Setting pkg-games-devel@l.a.d.o as the contact for the team
>
>     This would send any launchpad mail generated for the team (from bug
> subscriptions, PPA updates, etc.) to the mailing list, rather than team
> members.

Good idea, but maybe pkg-games-ubuntu@l.a.d.o? Dunno if we want to mix
both, but prolly we do.

> b) Setting the team as a bug contact for all the packages maintained by
> the team.

How does this work? Why does the original Maintainer field not generate
such mails? But yes, noticing that there is a bug at ubuntu would be
really great.

> optional (c):
>     If most of the members of the team would prefer that
> pkg-games-devel@l.a.d.o not be used also for Ubuntu bugmail, and also
> support the use of this launchpad team to track packages in Ubuntu, it
> is certainly possible to create a pkg-games@launchpad address for this
> purpose instead.

Ugh, that was my pkg-games-ubuntu@... scratch my idea then.

Regards