Re: game backport for Lenny

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 01:26:46PM +0100, Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 07:15:34PM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> > [ adding -devel-games to CC, dropping some lists ]
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Moritz Muehlenhoff schrieb:
> >
> > > Maybe add a new about all the fancy games that are included in Lenny? Nexuiz,
> > > OpenArena, Battle for Wesnoth, FreeCiv, FreeCol, SuperTux, Torcs? And you
> > > should mention GoPlay, which allows comfortable browsing of games.
> Games have much more short release periode that Debian and so I wish we can provide
> Lenny backport for all the major games we package. If you share this wish, are you
> willing to help and what do you think about adding a note about that
> since sadly just a few people know about backports.org?

I plan to make backports for GNU FreeDink.

Actually I already do since before it entered unstable :)
  http://www.freedink.org/releases/debian/
I also took care of backporting dependencies (which sadly nobody
reacted to when submitted to backports.org):
  http://www.freedink.org/releases/debian/etch-backports/

So it's just a matter of publishing it in another place - and having a
good sponsor :)

--
Sylvain