Re: extremetuxracer package

I agree - the documentation says the following:

"CDBS is not yet capable of handling very complicated situations (like
packages where multiple C/C++ builds with different options and/or
patches are required), but this only affects a very small number of
packages."

It seems to me that even in a case like this, one could still use
debhelper.mk, but write the rest of the build instructions themselves.
 That way, the rules files wouldn't have the same debhelper calls
repeated verbatim throughout.