Re: extremetuxracer package

On 2/10/08, Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
> That the team discussed it in the past and decided against it.  See
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/ToolsDiscuss

That was informative - I've put my opinion onto that page, as well as below:

I like CDBS, because it saves the packager time spent reinventing the
wheel for things like debug packages, autotools config.* file
updating, and other usages of standard build systems.  Also, there are
a certain bunch of debhelper calls that are basically taken for
granted and used in every package, and CDBS factors that out of the
rules file.  That makes it easier to review, because every line that
remains is there to deal with issues that are specific to the package
being built.

The learning curve can be helped by the manual, installed at
file:///usr/share/doc/cdbs/cdbs-doc.html, or online at
http://perso.duckcorp.org/duck/cdbs-doc/cdbs-doc.xhtml.  Members of
the games mailing list could also help if anyone gets stuck on
something.