Re: Request for translation/evalutation (was: Fwd: Non-free artwork in games)

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:38, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez
<jredrejo@edu.juntaextremadura.net> wrote:

> The license states total freedom for the binaries, but it doesn't say
> anything about the sources. Here goes a quick translation:

Thanks.

> So, more info about the sources of DIV32RUN.DLL is needed in order to
> know if it is DSFG free.

From what Javier said, DIV32RUN.DLL is a technical limitation, i.e. "you
need this in order to use stuff on Windows", not a legal one, i.e. "you need
to access our stuff through this DLL".
The last paragraph would support this interpretation.

Javier, can you contact them and ask for clarification, please? This is
probably easier & cleaner than second-guessing their intention.

> P.S. I'm not subscribed to debian-devel-games, only to debian-legal.

Noted. I assume everyone will reply to both lists, from here on.

Richard