RFS: libsoil -- simple openGL image library

Paul Wise schrieb:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Christoph Egger
> <Christoph.Egger@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> They are both separate projects (http://nothings.org/stb_vorbis/ +
>> http://lonesock.net/soil.html) which are developed independently from
>> SFML by different people. SFML only uses these libs.
>
> In that case I'd say they should both be packaged separately from SFML
> and SFML encouraged to remove them from the upstream tarball.

As discussed with pabs I created an separate library for libSOIL as an first step to move
these intern libs out of libsfml. libSOIL is wnpp bug #482293. You can access the libsoil
package via dget at

  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libsoil/libsoil_1.07~20080707-1.dsc

and via git at

  git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-games/libsoil.git
  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/libsoil.git (Web Access)

despite the date in it's version number this is an «stable release». The whole thing is
lintian clean and builds at least on clean, up-to-date sid chroots for i386 and mips arch
(I'm only testing these)

Regards

  Christoph

--