Re: How to handle two repositories?

On 02/06/2008, Emmet Hikory wrote:
>     While I can see a loss of economy of scale from having two
> different respositories, where some people might not be comfortable in
> one or the other, I'm not convinced that team identity is firmly
> linked to the repository.  We all care about games.  We all subscribe
> to this list.  Many of us participate on #debian-games.  I suspect at
> least some of us (myself included) will find ourselves working with
> both version control systems over time.

I think the most important question here is: Will *anyone* be able to
contribute to a git repository with any git repository layout? For the
first layout, I don't think it's a huge problem. Basically the same
workflow, a couple of commands to learn, done. For the second one, I
still believe there's much to learn before being able to prepare an
upload on ones own.

I for one should be able to work with any layout. But I really would
like that anyone (most importantly: people not that interested in VCS
techniques) can contribute directly. People around here might know what
I think about being forced to depend on someone else to do the job in
the end (think sponsored uploads; I don't want people to be forced to
use a proxy to get their work committed in a repository).

Mraw,
KiBi.