Re: Introducing pyracerz (and myself)

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 01:59:19PM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2008/5/14 Ivan Vucica <ivucica@gmail.com>:
>
> >  I vote for a Gnome solution, or a wxWidgets solution :)
>
> I'd prefer to do it as desktop agnostic as possible

If that means using something which doesn't fit in any desktop, I
object.  The look and feel of Gnome is Gtk+ (which Gtkmm is a wrapper
for); for KDE it's Qt.  Using any of them will make the program look
natural in one desktop and acceptable in the other.  Using something
else will make it look acceptable in both.  Unfortunately it's not
possible to make it look natural in both (except by coding it twice).
But please don't go for "it must be suboptimal here, because it is
suboptimal there as well".

If you're saying you don't want to use libgnome, but only libgtk, that's
fine with me, though. :-)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html