Re: Introducing pyracerz (and myself)

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 10:09:02AM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2008/5/14 Carlos <cgalisteo@k-rolus.net>:
> > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 1:37 AM, Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  Hey, if you're interested in helping with GoPlay! your help will
> >  >  really be welcome!!!
> >
> >   C++/fltk is not my favorite combination, so I'm afraid I'll not be
> >  very useful with upstream code. You can be sure I'll help with all the
> >  related stuff.
>
> I'm open to suggestions, as I plan to remake the interface :)

Not that I'm very likely to contribute soon (like the others ;-) ), but
I was slightly annoyed by the "wrong" feel of the interface.  I'm using
Gnome and would advise C++/Gtkmm (with some Gtk::[HV]Paned's to allow
the user to resize the window sections).  Please avoid C++/Gtk+.  Gtk+
has an ugly way to do object oriented things (GObject), which is needed
for C, but not for C++.  C++/Qt seems fine as well, KDE isn't that bad.
:-) Anyway, as the others say, you seem to be going to work most on it,
so it really is your choice.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html