Re: Team Members MIA (was: New Admins: Tolimar and KiBi)

  Hi,

  (Another mail I have to repost here, I'm starting to think mutt hates me)

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:35:24 +0100
Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> * Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> [080213 15:15]:
>
> > I've promoted Alexander Schmehl (Tolimar) and Cyril Brulebois (KiBi)
> > as admins for the Games Team. Thanks for being there :)
>
> Speaking about that, I just stumbeled over the member list of our team.
> I got kind of puzzled, how many people are members -- 72!
>
> I was even more puzzled, since I haven't heard of most of them
> anything... (or at least can't remember to have seen recently on the
> list or on the channel).
>
> So I took the liberty to run some script-foo, and see, which user did
> how many commits to our subversion repository.
[...]

  Your script should measure also sponsoring, wiki edition, or bug handling
(for example). Not committing doesn't mean you do nothing :)

> Okay, so we have some members, who are _very_ active, some who are more
> or less active, and some, who haven't done a single comitt.  I wonder if
> we do something wrong?

  Why do you wonder that? I think that's the common situation in any
sufficiently big group of people, it happens even if you pay them!

> I mean... why did you joined?  Why did you nothing?  Or did I miss
> something you did?  Don't take me wrong -- it's not intended as finger
> pointing or insult, I'm just curious, and wonder if we should do
> something in an other way to get more contribution from you ;)

  Well, to answer your questions: I joined because I wanted to support
Miriam in creating the team. I've sponsored some packages, but didn't commit
anything. And you missed the few sponsored uploads I did ;-)

> PS: BTW, we have 27 DDs in our team, so theoretically, it shouldn't be a
> problem to find sponsors...

  The problem is always the same, sponsors day's only last 24 hours, and
they have to sleep from time to time, at least I have to, YMMV.

  best regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~