Re: Writing get-orig-source targets to conform with policy

Hi!

* Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> [080217 17:21]:

> > > For ensuring the exact tarball that was used to generate the orig tarball
> > > is used.
> > But we keep them allready on alioth.  So a "get current orig" target
> > would be quite easier as an wget from the pkg-games website, wouldn't
> > it?
> That's only if someone does upload the tarball to alioth. For me, it takes 2
> or more hours to upload files that are 100MB or more, and that's when doing
> an upload overnight.

But you need to upload the tarball anyway, e.g. on mentors.d.n.  And you
could just wget it to alioth directly.

And TTBOMK it is a pkg-games policy to have the tarballs there.

> For this reason, I wanted to supply a get-orig-source or something similar
> that does this.

As allready explained:  You don't want get-orig-source, which is defined
by policy 4.9 to do something different.

> It's also a reason why I wanted svn-buildpackage to be able
> to run "debian/rules get-orig-source" (or any other script and options for
> that matter) just like how svn-buildpackage supports downloading an orig
> tarball. I'm sure the Games Team (and anyone) could benefit from this. I did
> submit a patch for this by the way, it's at http://bugs.debian.org/458508.

As long as you guarantee, that all orig.tar.gz end up with the same
md5sum.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander